Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vegan Recipes in Online Media

I stumbled across another piece today that mentions Bryant Terry and his book Vegan Soul Kitchen. This one offered up his recipes for "Vegan Succotash Soup" and "Garlicky Corn Bread Croutons".

---------------------

Mississippi's Clarion-Ledger's website has a feature today on Susan Voisin (aka SusanV), creator of the FatFree Vegan website. In it, Voisin discusses how she came to set up her site -- a definite favourite amongst vegan foodies across the internet. A recipe for "Quinoa, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Chickpeas" is included. Mention is also made at the end of the piece of a forthcoming book in 2010.

---------------------

Seacoast Online's Rachel Forrest has a really informative piece that highlights the origins, versatility and health benefits of agave nectar (or agave syrup) today. It's not written from a vegan perspective, by any stretch, but it's great nonetheless to see it being discussed in mainstream media. She's included recipes for an "Asian Vinaigrette", as well as a "BBQ Sauce".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a neat article about agave nectar. I looked up Leblon Cachaça and am convinced that I need to purchase some now just so I can make that drink. I saw on a discussion board last week where someone said they had heard that agave nectar had high mercury levels. I have never heard of this. I did a search and came up with nothing. Have you heard this before? I think the guy was blowing smoke out his rear, myself.

M said...

There were a lot of articles and opinion pieces circulating a few months ago about mercury in high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Maybe the person on the discussion board confused the two, somehow? I've never read anything about agave nectar being contaminated with it and couldn't find anything after Googling it a few times.